Several Lake County Departments are reviewing and updating ordinances, and you are invited to join them for an open house to review the changes, provide feedback and ask questions. They are bringing each of these departments together in one spot so that customers and stakeholders can get all of the information you need in one stop.
Please attend one of these meetings, or submit comments through the Ordinance website.
Two Open House Sessions Available:
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Times: 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. OR *4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Location: Lake County Division of Transportation, 600 Winchester Road, Libertyville
*The Health Department will be conducting a formal Public Hearing at 4 p.m. as part of this open house. See Public Hearing Notice.
There are two meeting times, but you only need to attend one as the information will be the same at both. This will be an open house format, so you are welcome to stop by at any time during the two sessions. The departments will have an information booth and staff members on hand to discuss their ordinances and answer questions. There is no obligation to hear formal presentations – just go straight to the department(s) you do business with and get the information you need.
Ordinance Revisions and Supporting Materials:
To preview the materials, visit the Ordinance Revision Open House page on the Lake County website. You will be able to see a description of what each department is working on, and learn more about the proposed revisions. You will also have the opportunity to provide feedback electronically, and in some cases, sign-up to participate in focus groups for topics that have significant interest.
- Division of Transportation - Seeking feedback on current ordinances to evaluate what needs to be revised/updated
- Health Department - Seeking public comment on updates to the Animal Care and Control Fees Schedule, Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems, and Environmental Health Fees Schedule
- Planning, Building and Development - Reviewing ordinance standards for properties/projects in unincorporated areas of Lake County, plus information about Rural Business, Local Food, Solar Energy and more
- Public Works - Seeking feedback on updates to the Sewer Use Ordinance, Pretreatment Ordinance and Water Use Ordinance
- Stormwater Management Commission - Staff will be available to answer questions about the Watershed Development Ordinance, no changes proposed at this time